Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I knew I first wanted to be a designer when..

This interesting post from AceJet posed a good question: when did you first decide you wanted to be a designer?
I thought it would be an interesting conversation topic. SO COMMENT YO.
I first realized I wanted to become a designer way back in high school.
I joined the newspaper staff in high school not really knowing what I was getting into. For lack of dedicated staffers, I was immediately made an editor. I crash coursed through InDesign and never looked back. I knew I could live my life creating things in this program and never grow tired of it.
How about you all?

2 comments:

  1. The introductory class here at MU definitely sparked something in me and I was convinced that wouldn't be my last time designing. I had no idea I'd be taking it as a Capstone but I'm so glad that it worked out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on the newspaper staff in high school too! I came to Mizzou having every intention of becoming a writer...until the Missourian class. I realized I hate reporting and didn't like writing that much anymore. I almost switched majors (to what, I have no idea) until the intro design class. I fell in love with InDesign and design and knew that was my calling!

    ReplyDelete