Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Books Redesign

So when I was on spring break I've noticed a lot of book cover redesigns. I'm all about this, as it combines my live of reading and design.

I am, however, an advocate of content driven design. So when I see a book cover and I don't immediately "get" where the concept is from, I have an issue with that.

There's so much to draw inspiration from, so many visual things from the story I just don't understand why you would use a random pattern.

Maybe I'll do some redesigns of my own. MAYBE I WILL.


Alice in Wonderland literally has so many FANTASTIC visual elements to draw from, it inspires designers everywhere. I don't see the point of just polka dots.



Feathers? Pride and Prejudice? Are there birds a big thing in this book and I don't remember?


....yes.



you're starting to lose me, anthropologie.


.... don't. i can't even.



YES. TEAPOTS. WE ARE GETTING THERE. GOOD JOB.



ABBIE STAMP OF APPROVAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment