Sunday, March 31, 2013

Niftayyyy Restaurant/Bar Findings

Last week while I was in Charleston, I felt like they had SO many awesome restaurants and bars. I know I was in a tourist area, but I think Chucktown is quite the fine dining city. The thing I thought I would share though, was the great design elements from these restaurants! You know when you go somewhere, and you can hardly look at the menu because it is so poorly designed? That was not the case in Chucktown! Also, most of the bars we went to had such fun/funky decor. Made for a great bar atmosphere!

This bar, Closing Time (what a GREAT name for a bar), had a lodge feel mixed with Route 66 diner. It was what my pals like to call a honky tonk bar, but we had a blast there.



Ok, this restaurant was terrible. We just wanted margs and chips and salsa, and they did NOT have unlimited chips and salsa. THEY ONLY SERVED TACOS, IT WAS AWFUL. But, it had cool decorations and nice company branding.


It was too dark to get a picture of the awesome interior at this bar called Speak Easy (which may have been an actual speak easy in the prohibition era? or maybe its just their "thing" but it fooled me.). So I am instead sharing my amazing drink from there, called Spring Fever. IT HAD ACTUAL ROSEMARY IN IT. shit was cray.

For our one "fancy" dinner of the week, we went to a seafood place called Hank's. It wasn't that fancy, but it was expensive. The back of the menu had a map of all the swankiest/most scandalous/famous bars/joints/clubs of Charleston.



My roommate loved the napkins so much she stole hers. Classy broad.

No comments:

Post a Comment