Sunday, March 10, 2013

Burger Covers: take 1!

Thanks to double production, I had another cover due this week.

The cover story is actually from The Scene dept this week. It's going to be a burger guide for Columbia and burger bloggers are going to be the main sources for the story.

Here are my original three cover ideas!


For this one, I went with kind of a techno feel for the blogger aspect. Its supposed to represent a minimalist version of a hamburger. I think I should have added some more details, even if it is supposed to be minimal. Perhaps have the cheese in a triangle shape instead?
I also really love the tagline on this. I hope we end up using that.

These next two ideas go with the story aspect that we will show what makes certain burgers in Columbia special. We are going to break down the ingredients, or deconstruct the hamburger. So I went for a blueprint theme.


I wasn't sure if I should use color or not so I did a version of both.


I personally prefer the all blue and white version.


My last idea was that bloggers always instagram pictures of their food, so it could be kinda funny to have the cover be a photo illustration of just that. This is my poor photoshop attempt, just to express the concept. If we proceed with a photoshoot, I would know exactly how I want to execute it. 

Any suggestions of how to improve the designs for next week?


1 comment:

  1. I think your deconstructed burger idea was great with the use of the blueprint style! Very original and interesting take on the concept. I'm excited to see how you've updated it.

    I also like you use of type on the first cover. The combination of those two typefaces is really great.

    ReplyDelete