Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Vox Ads Critique

This week in class we designed ads for the Vox Talk blog and the Vox Calendar. We first brought in 10 sketches, had everyone in class vote, and then brought in the top five in final versions.

Here are my five.

These first two need background colors, especially since they will be print designs.


This was my favorite ad I designed, and by the voting, everyone else's fav as well.


I don't know why, but everyone kept voting for this. It was literally my least favorite idea in my first draft, but people voted for it. And then in the second round, it came in second. Ridiculous. 


I love this color combo, but I know there isn't much going on. It was a rushed effort. : /


 I have to say, I didn't particularly care for this assignment. I didn't feel like I had enough instruction, and really felt like I had no idea what I was doing the whole time. I create online ads at my internship, but I'm given more of a concept to work with instead of "Here: make an ad for this thing you don't know anything about or who you are targeting. GO!"

le sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment